One day last week, I looked at my wrist in the middle of the afternoon and realized my watch was missing.  I've worn a watch every single day for as long as I can remember, way back to early childhood.  So, what is going on?  Oh, yes, I retired from work nearly three weeks ago.  I don't need that watch anymore.  Somehow, my early morning brain processed that information, but my mid-afternoon brain missed the transmission.  

Life without a watch is strange.  Of course, there are clocks all over the place, and certainly readily available in the ubiquitous accessory, the cell phone.  It's just a reminder of my newly unbound to the clock status:  no meetings, no deadlines, no rush hour!  I think I can get accustomed to this!  

Comments

  1. I think I am extra clock-face addicted. I am the sort of person who habitually wants to know the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, I am still in the very early stages of this new life. I haven't made commitments yet, but I plan to schedule workouts at the Y, lunches with friends, trips to new places, etc. I think that once these new and different appointments settle a bit, I will need that watch again. For now, I'm quite content. No demands, no meetings, nobody waiting for me...yet.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memory Struggles

Blonde and Skinny and Fake

Love, Heartbreak, and Life Is Short