So funny it hurts, again

In hindsight, I realize that my recent post about libraries and librarians was all about me feeling good about how funny I think I am.  As I told my friend, it was nothing short of therapeutic.  I felt good about it, and then I started thinking, really thinking, about what I had written.

Here's the most important thing I will say all day:  libraries and librarians are awesome and unappreciated.  Because public libraries are open and welcoming to everyone, they may serve as temporary resting places for the homeless, the mentally ill, and others who have no place else to go.  While it's easy for me to write about my personal challenges in that environment, I realize that my post did a disservice to all the librarians and library staff who serve a population that most people would rather ignore.  

I appreciate all the good work, the kindness, the care that librarians offer every single day.  My need to be funny should never take a back seat to acknowledging the goodness in our world.  Goodness: you'll find it in libraries and librarians.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory Struggles

Blonde and Skinny and Fake

Love, Heartbreak, and Life Is Short